What an EXHILARATING journey it has been so far as I continue to prepare for state! To give you an idea of the momentum that's happened since I was crowned 7 short weeks ago, I want to share with you all the exciting opportunities I've had over the past several weeks.
- Miss America Day of Service: My birthday! I was beyond THRILLED to help out at the Carmel Marathon, and help distribute medals to our winners. Thanks to your help and generosity, I met my fundraising goal within less than 24 hours.
- HIIT Class: My MAO sisters and I got an incredible workout in with one of our state sponsors, Core Pilates and Fitness. What a workout! If you're looking for a way to burn fat for 36 hours and be sore for 4 days straight, I highly recommend it!
- Miss Indiana Luncheon: I was humbled to have the chance to hear several former Miss Indiana's speak about their year and the impact it had on their lives. How thankful I am to have met so many wonderful women!
- Miss Indiana Kick off: My placement in the Miss Indiana competition has been chosen! I will be contestant #5 in the Alpha Group. On Wednesday night I will compete in onstage question, Thursday night swim and gown, and Friday night talent. The preliminaries, and Saturday night finals, will be held June 15th-18th at the Zionsville Performing Arts Center. To watch me compete for the job of Miss Indiana 2016 in June, you can purchase tickets HERE
- Miracle Bowl: Again, YOUR generosity enabled me to reach my goal in less than 24 hours, again. That's AMAZING and I'm so thankful! My directors and my mom had an incredible time bowling as Indiana's Spirit Squad. What a fun opportunity!
- Campaign 2016: I'm so incredibly passionate about increasing voter awareness, and I watched every debate and interview to prepare for my right to vote in the Indiana Primary earlier this month. I was humbled to have met Ms. Cruz and Ms. Fiorina here locally in Fishers and speak with them about Senator Cruz's candidacy, in hopes to be a more educated voter. Every vote counts - if you missed registration in time to vote in the primaries, register HERE so that your voice can be heard in November!
Noblesville Voice: I was humbled to share my pageant story, platform, and "secrets of success" with you! Check out the video here: Noblesville Voice May Spotlight – Ashley Owens
- Indian's Game/Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana Recruitment Event: I was able to represent my platform, Big Brother's Big Sisters of America, in honor of their 100 Men in 50 Days recruitment campaign. The campaign ended with an event at an Indianapolis Indian's game to promote and celebrate the cause! The Indianapolis Indians are huge supporters of BBBS Central Indiana, and they offered a summer fun package to all Big Brothers that signed up during the campaign. They EXCEEDED their recruitment goal and I was humbled to take part in the event and continue my goal of mentoring awareness!
Well, there you have it. Each of these events occurred over the short span of 2 weeks as your 2016 Miss Spirit of Indiana, and this is a snapshot of what the life of an excited titleholder looks like! Can you believe that? More updates to come over the course of this busy pageant prep month!
Cherishing every aspect of this busy season, and thankful you're here to experience it with me.
Walk in love,
P.S. Here is my official headshot for Miss Indiana 2016!!